If your child enjoys exploring and being outdoors, why not book them in for a ‘Wild Wood Holiday Club’ experience? The club runs between 10am and 4pm (with an early drop off option from 9am) and is booked in blocks of 2 days. It typically runs for 2 days each school holiday (and 6 days during the summer holidays). The club is open to all children aged between 4 and 11 years (4 year olds must be in the the Reception year or just about to start Reception). The ‘Wild Wood Holiday Club’ is a great opportunity for your child make new friends and have fun playing and learning new things in a safe outdoor environment.
Important Information about Wild Wood Holiday Club
* Wild Wood Holiday Club takes place at Charlotte’s Wood in Wilby. The address is Sundial Cottage, London City Road, Wilby, IP21 5LT. There is limited parking at the venue so if possible, please park at Wilby Coronation Hall, on London City Road (IP21 5LE) and then walk 400m up London City Road (away from the village). We are on the left, just past ‘The Shingles’. There is a pair of mirrors opposite the entrance.
* The club starts at 10am each day and finishes at 4pm. There may be a staggered start and finish (over a 15 minute period). I will message parents/carers individually if this is the case. Please come to the entrance to the woods with your child for registration and drop off/pick up. There may be an early drop-off option from 9am (for an additional £5 per child). Please send me a message through Eequ to enquire further.
* Although I am not able to take childcare vouchers as payment for the club, thanks to a kind donation I do have a small fund available to enable families who might be experiencing financial hardship to access holiday club. What this means is that if you pay for one day of club (for one or more children) you get the second day for FREE. Please send me a message through Eequ to enquire about how to access this funding.
* For the club please ensure that your child is appropriately clothed for the session which will take place entirely outdoors (regardless of the weather!) Recommended clothing is:
- Long sleeved clothing top and bottom (even on sunny days to provide protection from scratches and stings), in layers so that they can either shed or put on a layer and still be comfortable. A sunhat and sunscreen may be useful if it is hot and a hat, gloves and scarf if it is cold;
- A waterproof outer layer, top and bottom – so waterproof coat (AND trousers if you have them);
- Waterproof shoes or boots in case it is muddy. We recommend walking boots or shoes, but you can send them in trainers as long as they are sturdy. No sandals or open toed shoes please! 2 pairs of socks are recommended for cold weather.
* Your child will need sufficient food to last through the day, bearing in mind that they will be outside and active all day. We don’t provide food, and you can’t buy lunch or snacks at the club, so please make sure they come with enough food. This is what we’d consider enough:
1. drink for the day
2. a mid-morning snack (just to keep them going)
We will provide a drink during the afternoon – either hot chocolate or cordial - and we usually cook something to eat on the fire. Please let us know if you do not wish your child to be offered a drink or snack.
* At Wild Wood Holiday Club, we follow a Forest School approach to learning and development. This means that for much of the day, children are free to play and explore throughout the woodland with adults supervising and supporting where needed. Typical activities and experiences that children engage in include: woodland games, den building, tracking, crafts from natural materials, scavenger hunts, playing with mud, using tools, wild art, campfire lighting and cooking and tree climbing. If there is anything that you do not want your child to do, please send me a message through the Eequ website to let me know.
* If your child is unable to attend a session, please cancel using Eequ. Although I cannot provide a refund (unless I am unable to reallocate your child's place) I appreciate you letting me know. The club may be cancelled in the event of:
1) staff illness (where no replacement can be found)
2) the weather conditions being extremely windy (due to the danger of falling branches)
3) low numbers of children booking onto the club (so that the club is not viable)
In the first two instances we would contact you on the day of the club by 9am to inform you of this situation. If the club is not viable, we will contact you the day before to inform you that the club will not be running.
*If you are going to be late, you can find my mobile number in the full details of your booking on your Eequ booking page. Please call me and let me know!
I will look forward to welcoming your child to Charlotte's Wood for a couple of days of fun and adventure!