Crochet for Complete Beginners
Have you always wanted to create those beautiful crochet items you see on Instagram? Now is your chance! In this 3 hr we'll provide the materials & know-how. Leave with a cute face scrub pad or coaster + the skills to make more at home. 3 hour workshop.
Who's it for?
For Absolute Beginners and above, aged 13+
This is for anyone, no experience of crafts or sewing necessary as sewing is not involved, just careful manipulation of fabric, which your tutor will help you with.
GLASSES Please bring glasses if you wear from close up or distance so you can see your work and see what the teacher is demonstrating from a few feet away if necessary
What to Bring
WE PROVIDE MATERIALS AND TOOLS Crochet hook (for you to take home!) and a choice of coloured yarn will be provided. We will send you the details of where to buy more yarn so you can make more at home - great for gifts!
SNACKS We provide tea, coffee, water and squash. Feel free to bring snacks to eat in class if you need. We have hand wipes.
Coronavirus safety measures
Staying safe in class during Covid-19
Hi everyone! Hope you're all keeping well. In line with the latest goverment guidance we have put some measures together in a way that feels the safest in order to avoid tranmission of Covid-19. Please read about this below.
New! We are now serving complimentary tea, coffees, squash, herb teas and water in classes again : )
Page updated 28th July 2021
Sew In Brighton Covid-19 Classroom Safety Measures in place currently:
Distancing: We aim to ensure a minumim of 1m social distancing between student workstations. The very nature of sewing means you need space and each person will have their own table (measuring at least 1m by 60cm).
If you would like a greater degree of distancing from other students than the default, please speak to your teacher on arrival and we can seat you somewhere with more space or a desk screen. Please don't be worried about asking, we totally understand and you can even email us here beforehand to request this if you prefer.
Currently we book a maximum of 9 students per class, with many classes having just 5 students maximum. Please do not hesitate to contact us here if you would like more info about any aspect of a class or workshop you are wanting to book/booked onto
Face coverings: Face coverings are now optional. If you would prefer a face covering to be worn by your teacher when they are close to you please let them know at the start of the class (teachers will bring one with them)
Movement: To reduce the amount of movement around the class, students should ask the teacher to bring them items needed where possible
Sanitising hands: Hand sanitiser will remain available on all tables and at the door on entry - please continue to use it
Tools: Students are welcome to to bring their own scissors, pins, tape measure, chalk, unpicker, grader ruler etc if they have them and would feel more comfortable using their own equipment. We also have equipment that can be used which will be sanitised after each class.
Booking form checkboxes: All students booking to attend classes will be asked to confirm the following points during the online booking process:
1. I will not attend class if I have:
had fever, cough, loss of taste/smell or other known covid type symptoms in the past 14 days (see NHS list of Covid symptoms here)
returned from abroad in last 14 days
been in contact with/live with anyone with Covid-19 or with similar symptoms
I understand that if I cannot attend for any reason, Covid or otherwise, I can't reschedule/refund unless someone books my space, but I can attend FREE to future similar workshops or Stitch Classes when there's space on day - contact us if you can't attend your booked class
2. I have read & I accept your measures laid out on www.sewinbrighton.co.uk/covidmeasures.html about social distancing, face coverings etc
1. I will not attend class if I have:
- had cough, fever, loss of taste/smell or other Covid type symptoms in the past 14 days
- been in contact with/live with anyone else with the symptoms above in last 14 days
- returned from abroad in the 14 days before the class
2. I understand I can't reschedule/refund if I don't come, unless someone books my space, but I can attend classes FREE in future when space on day [more info here](https://www.sewinbrighton.co.uk/booking_terms.html#classcourseworkshop).
I will contact you if I cannot attend
3. I have read and I accept your current Covid classroom safety measures at www.sewinbrighton.co.uk/covidmeasures.html. I understand these measures will likely change regularly and possibly between my booking and attending. I will contact you or speak to my teacher on arrival if I need more information or help to feel safe in class.